Position Title: Communications Assistant
Number of Possible Placements Available: 1
Working Site’s Location: Centre for Human Rights, Equity & Inclusion York University 2070 Victor Phillip Dahdaleh Building, Toronto, Ontario
York University’s Centre for Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion (REI) promotes and builds a respectful, equitable, diverse and inclusive university community. We strive to be a leader in providing accessible, impartial, non-adversarial, and confidential programs and services that uphold human rights, facilitate equitable access to opportunities, and champion diversity and inclusion.
In this placement, the student will be asked to collaborate with key stakeholders to:
• Enhance REI’s visibility across camps and increase the relevance of REI communications to the York community through developing information and communication media (webpages, flyers, brochures, clips, etc.)
• Leverage communications channels to position REI as a thought-leader in the area of human rights, equity and inclusion, including trends impacting post-secondary institutions
• Develop approaches to supporting the #YUBelong campaign’s goals through targeted and diverse social media approaches
• Research trends across academic institutions and report on trends and lessons learned with the goal of advancing the REI’s presence in the York community
• Support long term success through performance measurement, potentially through the use of analytical tools
• Knowledge of broadcast media
• Ability to research and summarize research findings clearly; and
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
• Proficient in both their oral and written communication;
• Punctual and professional in their approach to the work assigned;
• Willing to experiment with new approaches to communication and media.