Position Title: Communications Project Assistant
Number of Possible Placements Available: 1
Working Site’s Location: York University, DB Building Suite 2005 88 The Pond Rd Toronto, ON Toronto, Ontario
Internationally Educated Professionals Bridging Programs Department, Faculty of Liberal Arts and Professional Studies, York University
Our Department coordinates programs funded by the Ontario and Canadian governments to support Newcomers employment - we offer IEPs University based courses, language support and and for Certificate students a credential from a Canadian University, that will support them in finding employment in their field in Canada.
The program also work with employers, career and employment services, not-for-profits, professional associations and accreditation bodies to help IEPs transition into a position that matches their education, credentials and experience. The goal of all our Bridge programs is to help IEPs transition with confidence into a job in their field in Canada.
• Assist with the implementation of communications strategies - with specific focus on employer engagement, student and alumni success stories.
• Support social media and online strategy implementation - including drafting of content, identifying channels and preparing content calendars
• Research effective campaigns, identify key audience channels and strategies, plan content development in partnership with Program Manager and team members.
• Outreach to student and alumni, prepare surveys and undertake interviews to support content creation.
• Write, copy edit, proofread and format content to support marketing initiatives and program reporting.
• Develop engaging and informational marketing and communications content - focused on promoting the program to and engaging employers, capturing student professional profiles and alumni success stories.
• Assists in marketing initiatives for program career and graduation events and activities via digital and social media platforms, email and website.
• Assist with creating email campaigns, promotional materials or online content in accordance with marketing standards.
• Collaborate with team members, cross-functional and inter-departmental teams to support communication initiatives and program events
• Attend and participate in regular team meetings.
• Provide general administrative support.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Ability to communicate with others to explain and share information
• Ability to plan a project, meet deadlines and organize time effectively.
• Good oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and effectively to various audiences;
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams and PowerPoint.
• Experience with other related software and services - such as WordPress, MailChimp, Survey Monkey, Adobe, InDesign and/or Photoshop.
• Experience developing content and managing social media accounts - including Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
• Ability to collaborate and work with others to complete a shared goal and team work
• Ability to update websites and social media platforms.
• Ability to plan communication for events and activities
• Collaborative and creative team player
• Self motivated and detail oriented with the ability to problem solve
• Passion for crafting ethical and authentic social media
• Interest in and/or experience working with Newcomers, Immigrants or Refugees
• Experience working on campaigns targeting employers and/or profiling jobseekers.