Position Title: Communications Consultant
Number of Possible Placements Available: 1
Working Site’s Location: Yorkgate Mall, Suite 232A, 1 York Gate Blvd, Toronto
The York University – TD Community Engagement Centre supports the University’s commitment to build a more engaged university by facilitating mutually-beneficial collaborations between York University and the Black Creek community.
- Assist with the development of various communications tools, including:
o Annual Reports;
o Monthly newsletter;
o developing marketing materials (web pages, flyers, brochures, short video clips, etc.);
- Assist with the implementation of the communication strategy by:
o working with social media and other tools to disseminate CEC information;
- Conduct a review of the communications strategy, including
o the effectiveness of the materials and campaigns;
o feedback on the products (price, style quality, etc.).
- Train staff to ensure continuity of communication efforts after the placement.
- Understanding of communication in both community based environments and York University guidelines;
- Comfortable working in a team environment;
- Knowledge of WordPress, Video/Photography, social media an asset.
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative data and convey it creatively.
- Willingness to share your knowledge with other team members.
- To be punctual and professional in approach to the work assigned.