Position Title: Member Experience Officer
Number of Possible Placements Available: 2
Working Site’s Location: 41 Valleybrook Dr, North York
S.A.C. is a non-profit organization (located at Don Mills and York Mills) and a member based community of Songwriters across Canada with the mandate to nurture, develop and protect the creative, business, and legal interests of music creators in Canada and around the world. The S.A.C. is looking for a creative and talented individual to assist in developing a comprehensive communications and marketing plan content for growth of the professional membership base and advocacy initiatives during the summer months. You will be working closely with the Operations, Event and Membership team to identify communication and marketing research priorities with support of a consultant and a system to measure the associations communications activity effectively.
Recruitment of new members, conversion and retention of existing members is a critical function at the Songwriters Association of Canada (S.A.C.). The Member Experience Officer is a position of considerable responsibility within the organization and one that requires a self-motivated and goal-orientated person. An understanding of the local, regional and national music community and the ability to communicate articulately the mission of the S.A.C. and the advantages of membership is a must.
- Sells S.A.C. memberships using proven sales strategies and a defined plan of action for prospecting, follow-up and closing.
- Documents all contacts with prospective members in google docs and File Maker Pro (FMP) membership database.
- Develops and updates membership marketing materials in partnership with Operations, Fundraising, Executive Director and Communications Team.
- Attends community based events regularly for the purpose of networking and gaining membership leads Member Retention Responsibilities.
- Coordinates with Operations Coordinator to ensure all new member profiles are correctly entered into membership database and the songwriters.ca website and billing information is accurate based on the membership level selected.
- Coordinate with Communication Coordinator weekly social media posts for membership.
- Oversees the new member engagement process and insures appropriate staff outreach is made in accordance with the schedule.
- Develops and implement strategies for member retention in cooperation with the Board of Directors and consultants.
- Develops and implements past due membership dues reporting procedure; coordinates an outreach plan for collecting delinquent membership dues and involves staff as appropriate.
- Serves as a customer service contact for membership to solve issues and problems within the organization and in the larger business community as they arise.
- Performs membership profile maintenance including but not limited to: general profile updates, member spotlights, featured videos and interviews, playlists, member survey.
- Manages affiliate partnership relationships including email communications, joint meetings, joint events.
- Assists at S.A.C. events including concerts, webinars, meetings and other events as assigned.
- Assists with weekly e-newsletter to generate member content including new member introductions, new member spotlights, member tour, videos and interviews, member playlists.
- Provides recommendations for website improvements and innovative social media content.
- Sales or Business Development experience is required.Ideally, the candidate will have at least 2 years of experience in direct sales, sales management, hospitality, fundraising, social media communications or nonprofit development. Strong candidates will have experience with customer service, cold calling, prospecting, meeting sales goals, and lead generation. This position requires exceptional people skills, self-management and initiative, an outgoing personality, high energy, team spirit and creativity. Music industry experience, association work or a related field and a college or university degree is desirable.
- Sales or Business Development experience is and graphic design skills a definite asset!