Position Title: Social Media and Engagement Assistant
Number of Possible Placements Available: 1
Working Site’s Location: 80 Winchester St., Toronto
Inspired dance training in Canada - The School is passionately committed to training and education in the art of contemporary dance. Based in downtown Toronto, the School has been a leader in training dance artists for 50 years. Through our programs we dedicate ourselves to investing in the artistic potential of youth for the development of the art form, providing excellent training and education in creative movement and modern dance to people of all ages, and serving as an advocate for dance and for education in the arts within the dance community and to the public-at- large. The School is a not-for-profit registered charity and a post-secondary institution registered under the Private Careers College Act 2005.
- Assisting with managing the School’s social channels, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Researching and organizing digital cross-promotional opportunities within the industry.
- Helping curate and develop creative and engaging digital and social media content to promote and instigate buzz/conversation about the School’s various activities.
- Monitoring various social media channels for trending topics and conversations in the fields of dance, dance training, and the performing arts and identify opportunities for engagement.
- Scouring the digital world to identify important social media connections for the School.
- Assisting with creating and tracking digital ad campaigns.
- Assisting with digital engagement to support the School’s philanthropic efforts.
- Assisting with the execution of fundraising campaigns.
- Assisting with the analysis of fundraising campaigns.
- Helping execute tax receipt mailings and thank you letters.
- Assisting with stewardship and cultivation activities for all stakeholders.
- Assisting with alumni engagement.
- Assisting with engagemenr and reunion event.
- Other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Enthusiasm about social media and their role in a professional/educational setting.
- Strong personal social media presence.
- Interest in creating engaging digital marketing content for different channels.
- Interest in dance and the performing arts.
- Interest in working in a non-profit environment.
- Knowledge of (or interest in learning) Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, and other social media tools.
- Ability to (or willingness to learn) translate numbers into insights.
- Passion about all things social – from Google doodles and memes to Twitter conversations and vlogging.
- Ability to express fresh, engaging ideas both in copy and visual media.