Position Title: Marketing & Outreach Assistant
Number of Possible Placements Available: 2
Working Site’s Location: 158 Sterling Rd. Toronto, Ontario
The Museum of Contemporary Art Toronto Canada (MOCA), non-profit, is in a defining phase of its evolution, as it moves into a landmark heritage building and further advances 20 years of exhibiting, collecting and nurturing innovative contemporary art and cultural practices. In September 2018, MOCA moved into a purpose-designed home in a former industrial space at the heart of a new neighbourhood in the Lower Junction.
The Membership & Outreach assistant will work closely with the Membership Officer to support membership marketing, campaign development and implementation and outreach to new audiences and communities. This position will gain hands-on experience in museum operations, the chance to work on projects end-to-end and will fill a key role in the initiative to expand MOCA’s membership base in 2020-2021. The Assistant will also get the opportunity to assist in cross-departmental initiatives, particularly where there is an overlap with projects pertaining to both Membership and Marketing departments. They will be responsible for designing and conducting active outreach through digital and in-person materials and strategies to attract new members to the museum and assist in the development and execution of targeted membership campaigns. Some work may take place on the weekends and after 5pm on weekdays.
• Interest and working knowledge of arts and culture institutions in Toronto
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive.
• Proficiency with basic social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• High attention to detail, specifically with respect to research work.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and digital photography would be an asset.
• A high energy, resourceful, solution orientation with a hands-on work ethic.
• A self-starter and able to work independently.
• A collaborative team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse audiences and effectively interface.
• Interest in contemporary art and design.