Position Title: Marketing and Events Assistant
Number of Possible Placements Available: 2
Working Site’s Location: 533 Eglinton Ave West, Suite 200, Toronto
The Eglinton Way Business Improvement Area (BIA) is a non-profit association of businesses and property owners who work to create vibrant and prosperous business areas for residents, visitors, tourists, and entrepreneurs. Representing over 200 businesses along Eglinton Ave West, from Chaplin Crescent to Oriole Pkwy, the BIA aims to create thriving, competitive, and safe business areas through streetscape improvements and local marketing initiatives, including festivals and events.
- Draft and proofread written communications for accuracy and clarity.
- Create promotional materials including posters, newsletters, and visitor surveys.
- Create and manage digital content on the BIA's social media platforms.
- Research, draft and write custom content for The Eglinton Way BIA website.
- Communicate and outreach with vendors, partners, and participating businesses to confirm involvement and specific contributions.
- Photographing and assisting in MOCA events
- Represent BIA at multi-stakeholder meetings.
- Assist the office with other administrative and operational duties as required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency with basic social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Previous experience with MailChimp, WordPress, Hootsuite and Canva would be a big asset.
- Knowledge of the Eglinton Way neighbourhood would be an asset.