Position Title: Communications Assistant
Number of Possible Placements Available: 1
Working Site’s Location: Victor Dahdaleh Bldg, 88 The Pond Rd. Suite 2150.
The Dahdaleh Institute for Global Health Research is an Organized Research Unit at York University. We are committed to the pursuit of effectiveness, excellence and equity in global health. In order to participate in shaping a socially just global health, we engage transdisciplinary teaching, research, policy and practice that addresses major 21st century challenges of the global commons impacting global health.
We are committed to growing global health at York University, building partnerships at and beyond the university, and fostering a new generation of global health scholars and practitioners.
- Produce print & digital communications materials to support research & operational projects.
- Develop & schedule social media posts (twitter and Facebook).
- Update the Dahdaleh Institute website. This includes writing News posts and Events descriptions.
- Stay in regular contact with supervisors and meet regularly to keep all parties informed.
- Act as a representative of the Dahdaleh Institute at events as assigned.
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Strong writing skills and/or knowledge of general design principles.
- Experience with social media, particularly Facebook & Twitter.
- Experience with content management systems, particularly WordPress.
- Ability to develop communication materials according to brand guidelines.
- Experience with current design software, particularly Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and
InDesign an asset.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS an asset.
- Filmmaking skills an asset