Position Title: Digital Communications Assistant
Number of Possible Placements Available: 1
Working Site’s Location: 1971 Queen St E #203, Toronto
The Beach Village Business Improvement Area (BIA) is one of 83 BIAs in the City of Toronto and represents over 300 members, made up of businesses and property owners along Queen Street East, from Lockwood Road to Neville Park Boulevard. The BIA works to promote economic development in the area, with initiatives that include improving public spaces, beautifying the streetscape, coordinating events, and marketing the area and our members.
The Digital Communications Assistant will help the BIA with website maintenance, e-newsletter communications and monitoring of social media. We are looking for an organized, enthusiastic individual who will elevate the BIAs digital presence and strategize ways to improve awareness of the Beach Village and our member businesses. The Digital Communications Assistant will be responsible for:
- Regular updates to website event calendar
- Maintain and update online business directory
- Collection of member events to share in monthly e-newsletter and on social media
- Clean up newsletter subscriber database and strategize ways to increase subscribers
- Strategies to increase number of followers on all social media platforms
- Other duties as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated, organized, and able to problem solve.
- Post secondary education in marketing, communications an asset.
- Strong computer skills; previous experience with MailChimp and Squarespace an asset.