Position Title: Marketing & Events Assistant
The Riverside Business Improvement Area (BIA) is a vibrant not-for-profit association of local business people and property owners who work in partnership with the City to enhance their business district. Riverside, one of Toronto's first BIAs, is dynamic and active with marketing (e.g. events, festivals, social media), streetscape improvements (e.g. graffiti removal, murals, beautification), partnerships and planning. Our service area spans 10 vibrant blocks along Queen Street East (Davies to Empire).
- Assisting in event planning and execution.
- Research, draft and write custom content for the Riverside BIA blog.
- Write and create a schedule for daily social media posts and content.
- Create strategies to increase social media following and website traffic.
- Assist with event development & outreach.
- Represent BIA at multi-stakeholder meetings.
- Work collaboratively with BIA businesses to market and promote the area.
- Assist the Executive Director with other administrative and operational duties as
- Assist in administrative tasks, e.g. coordinate mail outs, assemble media kits.