Position Title: Communications Coordinator
Number of Possible Placements Available: 2
Working Site’s Location: York University 4700 Keele St. Toronto, Ontario
Regenesis is a community environmental organization founded in 2007, which acts as an umbrella organization and extended network for its local campus chapters and their initiatives.
We focus on creating practical student-led environmental initiatives and programming. Our services help provide free or low-cost services and meaningful leadership opportunities for students, all the while, making our communities, cities, and planet more sustainable.
We believe in empowering students as initiators of change in addressing today’s social and environmental concerns, through advocacy and service in local chapters. We focus on real, comprehensive and practical initiatives and programs to make our campus, communities, cities, and planet more sustainable.
Reporting to the Communications and Events Director, this position will support all of Regenesis's communications activities and the creation of all of our communications materials for our diverse stakeholders including customers, program participants, community members, partners, donors, policy makers, educators, the general public and more. More specifically, the Communications Coordinator will take responsibility for assuring that brand standards and guidelines are maintained, that the Regenesis website and social media channels are fresh and up-to-date, and will assist with media relations and event coordination.
• Write and/or design/prepare communications materials (website postings, newsletters, brochures, postcards, templates, manuals, learning tools, photos, media releases, donor correspondence, presentations, etc.)
• Oversee production and distribution of marketing materials including, brochures, programs, posters, show and event signage
• Assist in the development and implementation of communication strategies, materials and tools to build awareness of Regenesis and our programs
• Coordinating and implementing all social media initiatives
• Garner press and publicity for Regenesis, its events and initiatives, through sending out press releases, submitting stories to press outlets, and soliciting journalists, freelance journalists and student writers to write about Regenesis, its events and projects
• Maintain brand standards and enforce style guidelines in all Regenesis communications vehicles.
• Update Regenesis website, review and approve website postings by Regenesis program staff.
• Create and execute strategic social marketing campaigns and routinely monitor Regenesis presence on relevant online communities and social media websites.
• Liaise and collaborate with program staff and other stakeholders as necessary to support their communication needs.
• Coordinate Regenesis speaking engagements and media appearances
• Assistance at Regenesis events, including Regenesis Annual General Meeting and fundraisers
• Understanding of Regenesis, its purpose, history, policies and programs
• Represent the organization in a professional and congenial manner in person, in telephone conversations, and in written correspondence
• Delegation or sharing of duties with others as necessary
• Other duties as required or assigned
NOTE: This role may be adapted to fit the specific skills and experience of the intern recruited and will be designed to allow the intern to gain first-hand experience in areas that he/she would like to further develop.
• Experience working with the public
• Demonstrated skill in oral and written communication
• Proficiency in design software an asset
• Self motivated, and able to work independently with minimal direction
• Communications training and experience preferred, not required