Position Title: Marketing and Communications Assistant
The Ralph Thornton Community Centre, located in a historic building in South Riverdale, provides a range of services and supports to the local community. In addition to housing the Queen/Saulter Toronto Public Library, the South Riverdale Child-Parent Centre, and providing meeting and activity space for almost 200 community groups a year, RTCC offers children’s programming, provides a public access computer and office services bank, and hosts or partners in a wide range of community events. RTCC is an agency of the City of Toronto, operated by an independent Board of Management, with a strong commitment to equity, diversity, economic and social justice.
Assist the RTCC Fundraising and Marketing Committee to develop and implement a Communications Plan derived from, and supporting, the Strategic Plan.
- Assist in modifying existing, and developing new, print and social media promotional resources, including the “RTCC Update” and RTCC Annual Report.
- Assist in developing and implementing social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) promotion.
- Assist with Membership communications and strategies.
- Support RTCC staff, Committee members, and volunteers in executing key promotional and fund-raising event strategies, including:
- RTCC/Toronto Public Library/South Riverdale Child-Parent Centre Halloween Event.
- Lunar New Year.
- Riverside Craft Beer and Wine Festival.
- RTCC Cornerstone Event and Silent Auction.
- Assist in developing indicators and evaluation tools for reporting on the effectiveness of RTCC communications strategies.
- Support the continued implementation of RTCC’s new graphic image and branding in wayfinding, print, and electronic media.