Position Title: Communications Assistant
OPIRG York, the Ontario Public Interest Group at York University, a student based social justice, environmental education and action organization.
OPIRG welcomes the contributions that individuals from marginalized communities bring to our organization, and invites indigenous people, people of colour, poor and working class people and those on social assistance, women, gay, lesbian, bisexual, and queer folks; transgender, transsexual, intersex and two-spirit people; single parents, members of ethnic minorities, immigrants, people from non-academic backgrounds and people with disabilities to apply.
- Create a communications strategy for OPIRG’s referendum campaign.
- Assist in event planning and provision of support to OPIRG York Campaigns.
- Assist in creation and execution of an effective social media strategy.
- Create and conduct a survey of service provision.
- Design posters, leaflets and other outreach material.
- Assist in liaising.