Position Title: Communication Assistant - Interm
Number of Possible Placements Available: 2
Working Site’s Location: 101 Yorkville Avenue Toronto, Ontario
The ICFF, presented by IC Savings, is one of the most highly-anticipated cultural events of the summer in Toronto and across Canada, with a loyal base of nearly 50,000 attendees per year.
Established in 2012, it is one of the leading and most successful festivals of its kind, and the largest Italian film festival outside of Italy. Each year, ICFF screens dozens of films, including shorts and documentaries, in eight cities across the country, in Italian with English or French subtitles.
But the ICFF is much more than simply a film festival… It is a unique exploration of Italian arts and culture. With special events highlighting the best of Italian food, wine, fashion, music, literature, architecture and industry developments, ICFF is committed to celebrating Italian heritage, and bringing together artists and entrepreneurs from around the globe and connecting them with Canada’s diverse audience.
• Build and maintain relationships with media, publicists, producers, bloggers, influences etc.
• Reviews external communications such as press releases, media/guest lists, event briefing kit and flows, reporting documents, etc.
• Reporting and analysis leverage consumer research and internal data to uncover trends and provide recommendations
• Assesses and negotiates partnership opportunities
• Provides high level event assistance (press conference)
• Demonstrated ability to develop and execute innovative marketing and communications plans
• Strategic thinker with excellent attention to detail
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams
• Proven ability to meet deadlines and react quickly to change in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated analytical ability to interpret problems and provide solutions
• Italian is an assets
• Interest in arts and culture, and film an asset