Position Title: Communications/Social Media Assistant
Number of Possible Placements Available: 2
Working Site’s Location: 150 Yorkville Avenue, Toronto
Inaugurated as a grassroots non-profit film festival in 2012, the ICFF has, in 7 years, grown to be the largest Italian film festival outside of Italy.
Occurring each June, the ICFF is an influential showcase of over 130 contemporary films of Italian origin from all over the world and brings together filmmakers and audiences to celebrate Italian heritage cinema and explore its new frontiers.
Using the power of the moving image to both entertain and educate, ICFF defies conventional perspectives on complex and challenging issues facing both the Italian and the global communities.
The office is often boisterous and full of amazing creative employees, who, when not working, can’t stop talking about food!
- Build and maintain relationships with media, publicists, bloggers, influences etc.
- Reviews external communications such as press releases, media/guest lists, event briefing kit and flows, reporting documents, etc.
- Reporting and analysis leverage consumer research and internal data to uncover trends and provide recommendations.
- Assesses and negotiates partnership opportunities.
- Provides high level event assistance (press conference).
- Social Media Research and Development
- Strategic thinker with excellent attention to detail.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and react quickly to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated analytical ability to interpret problems and provide solutions
- Italian is an asset.
- French is an asset.
- Interest in arts and culture, and film an asset.