Position Title: Communications Coordinator
Number of Possible Placements Available: 1
Working Site’s Location: Work from home / meet via video conference
Firefighters Without Borders is dedicated to helping fire departments around the world get a “hand-up” so they are prepared to deal with their next emergency – big or small.We train and supply equipment to fire departments in troubled nations and Canadian first nation communities. We are a registered Canadian charity since 2016, run by a volunteer Board of Directors and dozens of volunteers.
- Support in managing social media accounts.
- Not-for-profile communication market research.
- Research website best practices and make recommendations for website.
- Support with media engagement efforts, including copywriting/editing.
- Presentation and report creation and editing
- Ability to research, draw conclusions and report on research findings.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a remote team.
- Proficient in both oral and written communication.
- Comfortable contacting and working with media.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and capable of executing on related tactics.
- Project management skills.
- Eager to learn and contribute.
- A strong sense of community and a passion for making a difference