Position Title: Communications Coordinator
Number of Possible Placements Available: 2
Working Site’s Location: PO Box 40018 Joshua Creek Oakville, Ontario
• Work closely with the Director, Marketing and Communication, as well as other Communication Committee members to develop and execute all communication related activities.
• Opportunities for media outreach and relations activities.
• Manage and support digital platforms and day-to-day communication activities including:
- Create, edit, and manage all published content (images, video and content).
- Compile research to support marketing efforts (e.g., impact of efforts, needs of various countries).
- Support fundraising campaigns and volunteer management efforts, which may include but not limited to newsletter editing and outreach campaigns.
• Knowledge and experience in the basics of traditional marketing.
• Ability to manage and leverage digital and social media platforms, specifically Facebook, website, and twitter
• Demonstrated writing, storytelling and communication skills.
• Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side.
• Is a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide others when necessary (i.e.: content development, online reputation management, tactical execution)
• Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research.
• Ability to work independently and show initiative.