Position Title: MARKETING & COMMUNICATION SPECIALIST
Number of Possible Placements Available: 2
Working Site’s Location: 22 Jutland Road Unit B Toronto, Ontario
Founded in 2011, the Fight To End Cancer has donated over $1.5 million dollars, in support of cancer research, with proceeds going directly to the Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation.
Presented by Landscape Plus Ltd. and Grafton Apparel Ltd., the year-long fundraising efforts of the Fight To End Cancer are celebrated each year in an event like no other. Featuring a new group of white-collar men and women, with no prior boxing experience, Fight To End Cancer’s annual black-tie gala concludes months of their intense training, in a sanctioned Olympic-style boxing event.
Fight To End Cancer has quickly grown to become a premium fundraiser and showcases these brave individuals, as they lace up their gloves and step into our ring to help knock out cancer.
Our gala event is just one part of an ongoing fundraising effort by Fight To End Cancer, which will continue throughout the year and whose success will in large part, rely on community teamwork and continued media exposure.
• Develops and executes a three-year marketing strategy for FTEC, with a focus on promotion and business development including enhancing brand awareness and donor conversions
• Collaborates with the Public Relations Director to develop all marketing materials
• Collaborates with the Executive Director to target and secure new sponsors, to recruit key partner organizations and to engage existing sponsor relationships (Compensation may be available for new sponsorship sales)
• Collaborates with the Social Media team to develop content to be shared within FTEC’s networks and ensure that the social media and marketing schedules are aligned
• Leads a full branding exercise for FTEC & measurement of brand awareness
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
• Minimum 3-5 years of progressive experience, preferably in the not-for-profit sector, with a demonstrated track record of marketing successes
• Demonstrated experience in developing marketing strategies with not-for-profit organizations, preferably in collaboration with for-profit firms
• Excellent written, verbal, listening and presentation skills
• Excellent organizational, planning and time/project management skills
• Strong computer skills with high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)