Position Title: Content and Communications Intern
Number of Possible Placements Available: 3
Working Site’s Location: 777 Bay Street Suite C208B Toronto, Ontario
Dundas Life is a fast-growing fintech startup on a mission to help Canadians find the right insurance coverage for their needs (100% digitally!).
Our founding team started Dundas Life in 2020 with the goal of making life insurance easy, the right fit, and affordable. Our own paper ridden, inconsistent experiences within the insurance industry pushed us to create a better solution. The industry is riddled with horror stories including advisors positioning the wrong product or looking after their own needs over client needs. We decided to change that.
At Dundas, we provide products that are customized for each customer's specific goals. With no high-pressure sales tactics, no unnecessary paperwork, and leading digital-first experience, we ensure Canadians get the right coverage right from the comfort of their home.
Assist with content marketing, social media, and PR related tasks, including:
• Outreach and communicate with media, industry blogs, and podcast hosts
• Create new angles to encourage journalists to feature Dundas Life in the media
• Plan, post, and schedule inspiring content for new and existing social media channels
• Generate partnerships and collaborations with other brands and influencers
• Perform market research to uncover new opportunities for financial education-related online content
• Create content including blog posts, newsletters, eBooks, and videos for potential customers
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and evolving high-growth business
• A strong communicator who is comfortable discussing and receiving feedback on their work
• Ability to research and summarize research findings clearly
• Knowledge of social media and basic photo editing (Canva, Adobe Photoshop) could be beneficial
• Creative and willing to experiment with new communication approaches