Position Title: Communications and Research Assistant
Number of Possible Placements Available: 1
Working Site’s Location: 40 Dundas Street West, Suite 300, Toronto
On behalf of the Downtown Yonge community, the B.I.A. is a non-profit organization that is committed to improving the daily experience of our members, residents, customers and all stakeholders with an end goal of strengthening the culture and economy of Downtown Yonge.
- Cultivates an appealing public realm, that attracts a diversity of audiences and investments.
- Support a best in class destination that features a range of opportunities and experiences, and bolsters Toronto’s economy.
- Champion for the evolution of a people-centred neighbourhood that provides vibrant and accessible spaces, amenities and experiences.
- Help create a cohesive neighbourhood identity that is befitting of Canada’s iconic main street.
- Create social media content.
- Update infographics.
- Take stock photos of neighbourhood.
- Create new newsletter layout.
- Add businesses to business directory.
- Compile lists of partner organizations.
- Create a report of website analytics
- Ability to learn new online applications (such as email marketing or content management systems);
- Ability to research and summarize research findings clearly and in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Photography skills.
- Creative and able to problem solve.
- Personable phone and email attitude.
- Not opposed to attending the occasional event outside work hours.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite – Photoshop etc. and/or Canva would be a big asset.
- Knowledge of Downtown Yonge neighbourhood would be an asset.