Position Title: Communications Intern
Number of Possible Placements Available: 2
Working Site’s Location: 100% Remote Work
Cyanic Clothing: Cyanic features unique designs that capture the pride of Toronto. Our mission is to bridge fashion and true social impact together.
Responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring Cyanic's Communication strategy in order to increase brand awareness, and increase sales.
This position requires the intern to work closely with the Founder & CEO to meet all deliverables.
Digital Communication Strategies
• Create effective communication strategies for messaging of Cyanic's main values of: high product quality, sustainable processes and social impact on a diverse range of digital platforms (e.g. Instagram, Facebook, website).
• Implement growth strategies to increase Cyanic's social media presence.
• Be on top of social media trends.
• Familiarity with social media posting strategies (best time to post, effective hashtags).
• Measure the success of implemented social media strategies (i.e. create and evaluate
• Assist in communications of the website, including updating content and drafting new
• Work with our partner charity (Lady Ballers Camp) to create content for social media.
• Create effective campaigns that highlight Cyanic’s main themes (e.g. creative influencer campaigns, give-a-ways).
• Responsible for implementing the campaigns and evaluating results.
• The intern will have an opportunity to vision and initiate their own special communications project, given that it aligns with the organization’s strategic directions.
The successful applicant should have the following:
• Studies in a relevant field (e.g. communications, digital media)
• Strong communication skills: excellent command of English, both spoken and written
• Experience managing web/social media content
• Experience managing projects and deadlines
involving different partners
• Experience with analyzing data
• Ability to be flexible and work well independently
• Excellent organizational skills: the ability to track and follow-up on various tasks
• Good interpersonal skills: the ability to successfully interact within a small team
• Flexible work attitude: the ability to follow direction and effectively learn and work in a dynamic environment as well as self-motivate.
Experience with Photoshop or other photo editing programs is a plus.