Position Title: Communications Coordinator
Number of Possible Placements Available: 1
Working Site’s Location: 1106 Queen Street West, Toronto
Craft Ontario is a non-profit art service organization that works to make craft a meaningful part of life. We champion craft by promoting artists and their work, and advocate for craft by inspiring, educating and connecting diverse audiences. For more information, please visit www.craftontario.com.
The Communications Coordinator will assist in the production and distribution of messaging regarding the four core areas of Craft Ontario operations: Member Services, Gallery, Shop, and Studio Magazine. Reporting to the Digital & Design Solutions Manager, the Communications Coordinator will create and deliver digital e-newletters, social media and marketing campaigns, and develop new video-based promotional content.
- Assist with the delivery of all communication pieces related to Craft Ontario’s four core areas of operations, including, but not limited to, website updates, email promotion, social media, print and online advertising, publications, and signage.
- Maintain an omni-channel strategy for promoting Craft Ontario through facebook, twitter and instagram, employing best practices.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Craft Ontario website (Joomla), and the Studio Magazine website (Squarespace).
- Coordinate and produce Craft Ontario’s monthly e-newsletter series.
- Create video promotional material for membership and retail.
- Support the development and marketing of the Craft Ontario Online Shop.
- Provide reports that track online engagement.
- Minimum 2 years of communications and marketing experience.
- Demonstrated interest an involvement in the contemporary craft/arts sector.
- Related post-secondary education, preferably in the area of communications, marketing, media studies, cultural and arts management studies, and/or business administration.
- Dynamic personality – strong written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and manage numerous stakeholders and audiences that align with the organization’s main pillars of business (Membership, Shop, Gallery, Magazine).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint), and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator).
- Advanced knowledge of social media platforms and social media marketing strategies.
- Experience with online platforms such as MailChimp, Google Analytics and Shopify.
- Experience with Photography and Videography.
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS.