Position Title: Marketing & Communications Researcher/Coordinator
Number of Possible Placements Available: 1
Working Site’s Location: 287 Spadina Ave, Unit D, Toronto
Chinatown Business Improvement Area, a not-for-profit community based City of Toronto agency established in 2007. CBIA was formed by the area’s commercial property owners and tenants, along with Trinity-Spadina’s City Councillor Ceta Ramkhalawansingh. In addition, CBIA works closely with all three levels of the government, area residents, community groups, other BIAs and the private sector to build a strong Chinatown community.
Assist the RTCC Fundraising and Marketing Committee to implement a Communications Plan derived from, and supporting, the Strategic Plan.
- General Communications with Membership & Public;
- Research efficient media or other plat-forms to communicate with stakeholders of Chinatown BIA;
- Generate and deliver newsletter for the community; Other tasks as required.
- Ability to learn new online applications (such as email marketing or content management sys-tems);
- Ability to research and summarize research findings clearly;
- Ability to work both inde-pendently and as part of a team;
- Punctual and professional in their approach to the work assigned.
- Fluent spoken and written in English and Mandarin or Cantonese an asset;
- Proficient in Mi-crosoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Suite.