Position Title: Marketing and Communications Assistant
Number of Possible Placements Available: 1
Working Site’s Location: 186 Spadina Avenue, Units 1-5, Toronto
CanadaHelps is looking for a smart, tech-savvy, and creative Marketing and Communications student with a passion for social change to join our team. This is an opportunity to join one of Canada’s first and North America’s most successful social enterprises. We are a growing and dedicated team of entrepreneurial-minded peers who have a passion for helping small and medium sized charities succeed, while engaging with donors to increase giving in Canada.
We believe technology and data are transformational game-changers for generating social profit. We democratize access to technology by providing affordable online fundraising and training tools to more than 20,000 registered charities across Canada while collecting donations for 66,000 others. Come on board and support our marketing team at a time when we’re modernizing our tools and applications to better serve our donors and charity partners as they face new fundraising challenges.
- Research charities and curate content to be used in digital marketing materials and campaigns, such as landing pages, social media, and email.
- Assist our team with content planning and maintaining our content calendar.
- Use marketing tools to help maintain email lists and create content for marketing campaigns, such as our charitable gift guide and Crisis Relief Centre.
- Write and edit social posts and blog posts targeting to both charity and donor audiences on our Giving Life and Charity Life blogs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
- Experience with Microsoft and/or Google Products (Word/ Google Documents and PowerPoint/ Google Slides).
- Ability to learn new online applications (such as email marketing or content management systems).
- Ability to research and summarize your findings clearly.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong desire to learn.
- A passion for direct and digital marketing.
- French written and verbal communications skills are an asset.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator, not required but considered an asset.
What kind of work did you do? I wrote and edited blog posts targeting CanadaHelps' both charity and donor audience.
What was your overall experience?
My overall experience was good practice in delivering content with speed and accuracy while still being engaging to an organization's audience.
What skill sets did you develop throughout the process?
Throughout this process I developed the skill to work quickly while still delivering good content.
How has this prepared you for a career?
This is prepared me for a career where I produce time sensitive, engaging content.
If you had to recommend this course to someone, what would you say? If I had to recommend this course to someone I would tell them to make sure they apply for organizations they're passionate about and also make sure they have enough time in their schedule.