The CSSA Annual Gala is a networking event that allows for the socializing of industry professionals, faculty members, and students.
On April 4th, industry professionals from some of the biggest businesses in Canada were in attendance and participants had the opportunity to gain knowledge and valuable insights about their field.
Highlights from the event included a photo booth, buffet style food, alcoholic bar services, a live violinist, and a large stage for the event speakers.
The CSSA team kicked off the evening with a year in review, where they spoke of their achievements. This included increasing their social media presence – specifically Instagram, their events (visit to CBC, LaunchYU and Debate Night), and working collaboratively with other student groups. From there the keynotes addressed the crowd, and then attendees had the opportunity to network and mingle.
This was one of the biggest Galas in CSSA history, and the evening was a huge success.
For more highlights check out the CSSA Facebook page where you scroll through 400 pictures from the event!
*The CSSA team would like to thank The School of Continuing Studies and Founders College for their support.
They would also like to thank the following guests:
- Mike Burton - Digital Strategy, VICE Canada - VICE Media
- Brandon Gonez - Reporter & Anchor for CP24
- Farah Kurji - Manager, Strategy & Planning at TD
- Lisa Lareau - CBC & Canadian Media Guild
- Christian Llano - Senior Account Executive, NKPR
- Anne MacLennan - Chair of the Department of Communication Studies YorkU
- Holly O'Rourke - Manager, Communications & Design Strategy at TD
- Todd Rich - School of Continuing Studies YorkU
- Mark Rupert - Director of Content, NKPR